I have gotten into the habit of naming pieces of furniture that I purchase the first name of the seller and the town/city I got it from. Well, this is Kyle Bridgewater but I gave her another name, All Glammed Up. The reason she is all glammed up is because she was so plain and boring when I got her that I went a little over the top with her painting, glazing, finishing, applying wood appliques, etc., which earned her a new name.
I measured the areas on this piece first because I knew I wanted her to have wood appliques on her. I had to order them because none of my local box stores had them. I cleaned with TSP and sanded her down after using wood filler for her many gouges and dents. She was in fine condition with the exception of her cosmetically. I painted the entire dresser in Kilz 2 primer with 2 coats and then I painted her with Valspar Chalky Finish Paint in Sherwin Williams 7045 Intellectual Gray. Then on the sides I dry brushed Valspar Chalky Finish Paint in Sherwin Williams 6258 Tricorn Black and did a lot of wiping back to give a more wood grain look. I dry brushed the top and the drawer fronts in Sherwin Williams 2314 Drizzling Rain homemade chalk paint and Sherwin Williams 6550 Mythical homemade chalk paint . Sanding in between coats of paint, I had a really beautiful finish already and I was quite pleased. I painted in the two previous colors and afixed all of the wooden appliques with contact cement and after drying. But still something was missing...
I had just purchased two General Finishes Pearl Effects; Champagne and Bronze. So, I decided to go for it.
I painted the drawer fronts with GFPE in bronze and the top in champagne. I then went over the front with champagne leaving the very bottom alone to show off the bronze. I sealed the entire dresser in General Finishes Arm R Seal in 2 coats on the body and 3 coats on top.
I think she came out quite beautiful and very glam. Many people have said to me that I overdid this one and maybe I did. But I think she deserved it.