My client gave me creative license to makeover this chest as a statement piece for her cabin in the woods. The only stipulation was she wanted both paint and natural wood. After sanding down to bare wood I used some of my favorite products from Wood Icing to enhance the top and drawers fronts. Wood Icing coloring glaze is a water-based wood stain and glazing product. When used on bare wood as I did with this piece, it is a wood stain. The body was then painted and stenciled. This was a time-consuming project but well worth the effort. Upon delivery, my client asked me if I had hand carved the top and drawer fronts. I told her no I had just worked my magic.
Share your vote on Facebook!
Winner! Stencil Magic Paint and Stain
By BJ Buchter Massa, Owner at Junk’d Up in Carmel, IN.
Upcycling Merit Categories›Combination
- Texture Paste from Wood Icing
- Furniture Glazing Color from Wood Icing in Mud Pia and Tree Bark (Wood Icing coloring glaze is a water based wood stain and Glazing product. When used on bare wood as I did with this piece, it is a wood stain.)
- Polyacrylic Topcoat from Wood Icing
- Chloe Dots stencil from The Stencil Studio
- Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Chateau Grey
- Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Clear and Dark Wax