When I saw the style of this dresser, I knew exactly what I wanted to do to it. Texture medium was calling my name!
The top, first and fifth drawer was finished by spreading a thin layer of ArtsSyVille Embellishments texture medium. I used the crocodile skin roller to roll through the plaster to create the pattern. Once it dried, I then sanded it until smooth. Next I painted two coats of Modern Masters blackened bronze metallic paint then I dry brushed Annie Sloan chalk paint in burgundy, barcelona orange and country grey in a random fashion. I then pulled it together with General Finishes pitch black glaze effects for depth.
The body was painted in General Finishes lamp black milk paint and was also used to dry brush the knobs.
The second drawer was finished in Annie Sloan chalk paint in burgundy and finished with General Finishes pitch black glaze effects.
The third drawer was finished with a thin coat of ArtsSyVille Embellishments texture medium then rolled through with the ostrich skin roller. Once dried, I sanded until smooth and painted two coats of Modern Masters antique copper metallic paint. I then dry brushed randomly with DIY paint in mermaid tail and glazed with General Finishes van dyke brown glaze effects.
The fourth drawer was finished with DIY paint in mermaid tail and glazed with General Finishes pitch black glaze effects.
The entire dresser was top coated with three coats of General Finishes high performance top coat.
I sat back and said to myself, "Hmm, something is missing. " So I added clasp Embellishments to two of the drawers. "Viola!" My tribute to the "Heroes Of The Night!"