I thrifted this vintage 8-track and record player and fell in love with it! It wasn't working when I found it but luckily my husband is a DJ and was able to fix it! Such a unique piece needed a unique finish. I used several chalk paint colors and wet mixed them to get the desired finish. I then used patina products to "age" the piece and green and bronze gilding wax for accents. I covered the mesh over the front speakers with canvas so it wouldn't affect the sound but give a more complete look to the front.
Share your vote on Facebook!
Winner! Trident's Turntable
By Heather Anne Naples in Orlando, FL.
Upcycling Merit Categories›The Bohemian Girl
- Dixie Belle Mineral Paint "Vintage Duck Egg"
- Dixie Belle Mineral Paint "Mint Julep"
- Dixie Belle Mineral Paint "Yankee Blue"
- Dixie Belle Mineral Paint "Kudzo"
- Dixie Belle Mineral Paint "Plum Crazy"
- Dixie Belle Patina Products (Bronze, Blue and Green)
- Dixie Belle Gilding Wax (Green and Bronze)