It took some patience to do this project!! It took a couple of days stripping this dresser down to the original wood, and a day of sanding starting off in stages using 120 grit, and then to 180 grit, and finally 220 grit. Wiped down entire dresser with mineral spirits, and started the staining process by applying 3 coats of General Finishes "Georgian Cherry" gel stain to the top and drawers, and then spraying 3 coats of General Finishes "Snow White" milk paint to the body. I finished it all off with 3 coats of General Finishes "Top Coat" satin. I added black pull knobs to give the dresser some character.