The kitchen is the center of the home, where hosting and gatherings take place - special time shared with family and amongst friends. It is simply amazing to see how dark cabinets painted lighter can dramatically improve the mood, enhance the size and control the lighting of this room.
The project took three days to complete which included the following steps:
- Cleaning and removal of original cabinets and removal of original hardware
- Three coats of Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint on front and back sides of each panel/drawer
- Light sanding of all cabinetry to create a smooth velvety feel
- Two coats of GENERAL FINISHES FLAT OUT FLAT poly finish
- Heavier sanding in detail areas to create the distressed look
- Reassemble all hardware and cabinetry
The client was overwhelmed with joy at the finished product and continues to say months after completion how pleased she is. With spills, splashes and two toddlers the cabinets have held up beautifully and show no signs of wear/use.