This cabinetry makeover includes a blend of three general finish gel stain colors and a combination of dry and wet sanding techniques to create a distressed old world decor.
1. I applied I coat of Antique Walnut Gel Stain on existing oak cabinets.
2. I used a cloth to wipe away areas to expose the original cabinet color. (wet sanding technique)
3. After 24hrs. I applied a second coat of Brown Mahogany Gel stain and repeated step2 wet sanding.
4. I used a dry brush painting technique to apply gray gel stain randomly on cabinets.
5. After 24 hrs. I used a sanding block to sand corners and curved details. (Dry sanding)
6. After 24hrs. I applied 3 coats to gel topcoat allowing for 24hrs of dry time in between each coat.