This old gal had certainly seen better days. I got her for next to nothing at the thrift store because the drawers were stuck pretty tight. I usually avoid pieces with serious drawer issues but she was too pretty to leave behind, so I took my chances. After prying the drawers loose, and spending hours sanding and planing she was finally ready for her makeover.
For this project I envisioned a rustic farmhouse grunge finish. I acheived it by applying many dry brushed layers of gray, beige and white paint. I applied General Finishes Flat Top Coat before applying a heavy coating of General Finishes Black Glaze. The texture from the layers of dry brushing gave the glaze the perfect surface to adhere to giving me the grunge look I was after. I then finished off with more top coat. Even though this finish was outside of my ususal comfort range, I love how she turned out