We happened upon what started as a sad chest of drawers while exploring a basement during an estate sale. Even hidden in a dark corner, the piece showed potential despite layers of old varnish and lots of dust. When we took the chest into the daylight, we saw it was in worse condition than we originally thought, even missing some of the scrollwork at the top. We spent days dissolving, scraping, and sanding away the old finish, repairing the scrollwork, and gluing veneer back on. Next came priming and filling in all the holes and restaining the horizontal surfaces, and finally we were ready to paint with General Finishes Persian Blue! The gorgeous end result made our long days of hard work well worth the effort.