This piece was actually painted in an entirely different color than it shows! I thought I wanted to do a light grey but it didn't look right so I ordrered another color, Peppercorn from Wise Owl. It was dry brushed with Limestone by Wise Owl. I used a wash of limestone to created the highlights in the middle and around the doors. I then used the metallic acrylic multi surface folkart gold for the details. I sealed this piece in General Finishes High Performance Top Coat (all of my entries use this, it's AMAZING) - anyway, I then added some black glaze that Wise Owl sent me as a sample. I used that to darken the areas inside the doors and around the doors. Sealed again the General Finishes High Performance top coat and then applied rub n buff over some of the metallic gold areas to make it pop more and around the top edge. Rub n Buff was also applied to cleaned hardware.