I found this lingerie cabinet buried behind a dresser at our local auction house. It had a small amount of damage to the bottom, but I knew it would be an easy repair. I set my buying threshold at $20.00. Fortunately for me, no one saw what she could be and I scored her for $10.00! I needed a cabinet to store my paints, brushes, and other supplies in my studio. I knew this would be a perfect fit! The top had square storage compartments which were perfect for my pints of paint. The drawers were deep, which allowed for a lot of storage space.
The cabinet is painted in Dixie Belle Apricot. I then used Dixie Belle's Cotton (White) and lightly brushed it over the Apricot, using a damp cloth to remove any access. The white gave it more depth. I painted the original hardware using the same technique. I lightly distressed around the edges of the drawers and hardware. She now sits in my studio storing all my paint and supplies right at my fingertips!