My client inherited her grandmother’s flip top table. She asked me to create something a little edgy, totally artistic and one of a kind. She had no plans to use the table but rather was looking to display it as a piece of artwork which is perfect because it’s as if it has its own built in easel. First I created texture using Texture Medium and a fauxy roller. I then applied a warm metallic finish using a combination of Modern Masters Metal Effects and Dixie Belle Patina Paints to create this amazing art piece. The table base was painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite primarily with a little Florence and Duck Egg to not only accentuate the sexy leg shape but to bring some of the colors in the top down tying it all together.
Share your vote on Facebook!
Functional Art Metallics
By BJ Buchter Massa, Owner at Junk’d Up in Carmel, IN.
Upcycling Merit Categories›Hotline Bling
- Texture Medium by ArtsSyVille Embellishments from Artistic Oainting Studio
- Ostrich Fauxy roller from Artistic Painting Studio
- Modern Masters Metal Effects Copper with green activator
- Dixie Belle metallic bronze with blue activator
- Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Graphite, Florence and Duck Egg
- Annie Sloan Clear and Black Wax