I found a dresser on the side of the road. Instantly I knew I had to have it and what I wanted to do with it. It had one more drawer so we fit the drawer to go in the bottom. Cut off the top half of the dresser, put a new back on it, and secured it all together. I added a lot of padding, fabric and attached the top. The body needed a lot of wood filler, so I sanded it down and painted it in a leftover gray, whites and silver. A lot of work but it is always amazing to save a beautiful vintage piece of furniture from the landfill!
Share your vote on Facebook!
Curbside find turned bench with storage
By Chic and Shabby Furniture By Rebecca in Methuen, MA.
Upcycling Merit Categories›Secondary Purpose
- Wood to get it all back together
- A lot of wood putty
- The gray is a random gray I had left over
- General Finishes winter white glaze
- Silver mixed with the gray
- General finishes VanDyke Brown glaze on the sides