The body of the dresser was painted in Empire Gray Chalk Style Paint, Seagull Gray and Driftwood Milk Paints by brush using methods of blending and layering. The piece was distressed a bit by hand with sandpaper and aged a bit more with Van Dyke Brown Glaze. The finish was a beautiful “greige” with a lot of visual texture and movement. The drawer fronts were sanded down to bare wood and stained with Java Gel Stain. Satin HPTC was applied with a Wagner Flexio sprayer.
When I finished this dresser and posted the picture online someone told me it looked as if it was a piece from the set of the tv show The Durrells in Corfu. And maybe that was just a nice way of saying it seemed a bit moody. -- I always think of that comment when I see pics of this piece. Also, this piece was a mess when I got it and a bit more challenging than I expected to remove the layers of paint. So I may have in fact been a bit “moody” at times. --