First I removed all the wax and dirt with a good scrub of wash up liquid and water, and then cleaned with methylated spirits and water until all the wax was removed, then sanded smooth.
I primed the piece with shellac bin primer, then 3 coats of custom grey linen:lamp black 5:1, on the body and I then added a coat of the hptc and champagne pearl effects mix, 50:50. The drawer fronts were painted in linen
I used efex and resin mouldings, both painted in the grey and pearl effects topcoat, to the base, the back and to the mirror to give a bit of a frame.
The inside of the drawers was painted in coastal blue. The hardware was cleaned and gold rub’n’buff used on the handles.
The entire piece was topcoated with hptc flat.